Surender Mehta Director HR & Board Member at Vodafone Shared Services, India
Suren is an HR professional with 20+ years of experience spanning a wide range of enterprises- MNCs to family businesses and across industries –IT/IT Enabled Services, Telecommunications, Hospitality, International Trading and Manufacturing. He has successfully led and executed strategic, specialist and generalist HR roles in blue chip companies at various business life cycle stages. Through it all, he has brought thought leadership into each one of the roles and hats he donned, whether in on the ground generalist roles or heading the centers’ of excellence.
Currently, he is the Director of Human Resources & Member of Board for Global Vodafone Shared Services, India. Responsible for leading People Agenda, Facilities & Administration, Employer Branding and Corporate Social Responsibility for the organisation.
Key areas of in-depth experience and impact include:
- Business Partnering at CXO and operative level to deliver strategic business intent, operational excellence and people growth in varied environments.
- Building High Performance culture through effective performance management & Leadership Coaching culture.,br />
- Driving agenda of "Talent Vitality", "Diversity & Inclusion" for building Fit for Future & Respectful Organisation.
- Employee & Leadership engagement for Values based Culture building.
- Execution excellence in varied life cycle stages of business with Digital & Automation focus.
- Total Rewards Strategy design and implementation.
- Build Organisation effectiveness through Org Design, Analytics and effective Change Management. - Leading a diverse and senior team to manage Pan India & multi-country operations from India.
- Wellbeing & Corporate Social Responsibility for social impact & change for good.
Over his 17+ years at Vodafone, he has been part of Senior Leadership Acceleration program (IIM, Ahmedabad). An alumnus of the Harvard Business School (AMP program). He is also a certified Workplace Coach and member of CII National Safety Task force.